To submit an Application by mail:
- When Completing the "Application for Occupancy." Be sure to fill in ALL the blank spaces. Be sure to be accurate. Missing, inaccurate or illegible information may delay or void your Application.
- Acknowledge that you have read our criteria by Initialing the 2nd page of the Application next to; a) Source of Income. b) Housing History. c) Credit History. d) Criminal History
- Include a $400 check or money order for the Security Deposit
- Include a $45 check or money order per adult for the Application Processing Fee. (Married couples only need to pay one application fee)
- Include a photocopy of your valid state-issued Driver's License, Minnesota Identification Card, or Passport.
- Include proof of income (three most recent paycheck stubs)
- Send the Application, Security Deposit, Application Processing Fee, and Identification and proof of income to: Kleinman Realty Co, 5201 East River Road, Suite 308, Minneapolis, MN 55421-3744.
- Print the application for Occupancy by clicking ont he following link "Application for Occupancy."
To submit an Application on-line:
- You MUST know the PROPERTY ADDRESS, APARTMENT NUMBER, RENT AMOUNT and DATE YOU WISH TO MOVE-IN to apply.
- Submit one application for each adult applying
- Submit one application fee of $45 for each adult applying. (Married couples need only pay one application fee of $45)
- Submit payment(s) totaling $400 for the security deposit (can be split amongst the applicants)
- Complete the "Application for Occupancy." Be sure to fill in ALL the blank spaces. Be sure to be accurate. Missing, inaccurate or illegible information may delay or void your Application.
- You will be contacted to provide proof of income (three most recent paycheck stubs) once the application is received by the KRC Apartments Corporate Office (Student's- please call 763-572-9400 to find out how to apply with your college enrollment proof instead of income)
- Read the following Application Policy carefully, then click on the link at the bottom of the screen:
SECURITY DEPOSIT DISCLOSURE
By paying the Security Deposit, you are guaranteeing that you will rent this apartment (if approved) and are asking the Owners to cease efforts to rent this apartment to somebody else. Your Security Deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED, but will be retained by the Owner as Liquidated Damages if you fail to (a) complete necessary documents, (b) sign a Lease, or (C) take occupancy of the apartment. Your Security Deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED if your application is rejected because it contains false or misleading information. Your Security Deposit WILL BE REFUNDED (by mail within seven days) if your application is rejected for any other reason.
Resident Tenant Screening Service Disclosure. A residential tenant report will be obtained on all applicant from Rental History Reports, 701 South 5th Street, Hopkins, MN 55343. Telephone (952) 545-3953.
Equal Housing Opportunity. Kleinman Realty Co. (KRC)is an equal housing opportunity provider. KRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, handicap, or any other protected status. KRC will review any complaint by any applicant who feels he or she has been treated unfairly or has been subject to discrimination by a KRC agent or employee.
Application Fee. a) KRC charges each adult applicant a $45 NON-REFUNDABLE application fee. b) This fee must be submitted with the Application. A single fee can be paid by legally married couples as our costs are lowered for processing such applications.
Security Deposit and Lease Requirement a) KRC requires a $400 Security Deposit. b) The Security Deposit must be submitted with the Application. c) The Security Deposit will not be refunded, but may be retained by the owner as Liquidated Damages, if an approved applicant fails to complete necessary documents, sign a Lease, take occupancy of the apartment, or if the applicant provides any false or misleading information. d) KRC has a winter move-out policy stated under Additional Agreements on the Lease. KRC's lease is available for review at the time of application
Source of Income. a) The applicant(s) must have gross (before taxes) monthly income of three times the monthly rent. b) An applicant must have verifiable, reliable and predictable sources of income. c) Verification of income source(s) must be submitted with the application.
Housing History. a) Each applicant must have a minimum of six months' satisfactory and verifiable housing history within the past 18 months. b) Kleinman Realty Co. accepts references only from independent landlords, lenders, and management companies. References from relatives or roommates will not be accepted. c) Failure to disclose any address of record within the past two years may result in denial of the application. e) Each applicant must provide the name, address, and phone number for each previous landlord, lender or management company.
Credit History. Bank and credit references will be checked. An adverse credit history, high debt, or the absence of a credit history may be grounds for rejection of an application.
Criminal History. A criminal history, history of drug use or dealing, physical violence to person or property, or other conduct which would adversely affect the health, safety or welfare of residents of the community or of management employees will result in the denial of the application.
Business Relationship. The relationship between a landlord and a tenant is a business relationship. A courteous and businesslike attitude is required from both parties. KRC reserves the right to refuse rental to anyone who is verbally abusive, swears, is disrespectful, makes threats, has been drinking, is argumentative, or in general displays an attitude at the time of the apartment showing and application process that causes management to believe we would not have a positive business relationship.
Age. a) No person under 18 years of age may solely lease or take occupancy of an apartment. b) Any resident may be required to sign a Lease after reaching 18 years of age.
Identification. a) No Application will be accepted without a valid state-issued Drivers License, Minnesota Identification Card, or valid Passport. b) No other form of identification will be accepted.
Occupancy Limits. Occupancy limits are necessary to promote clean, quiet and comfortable living.
a) No more than two persons may occupy a studio (efficiency) apartment;
b) No more than two persons may occupy a one-bedroom apartment;
c) No more than four persons, only two of which may be adults, may occupy a two-bedroom apartment.
d) No more than six persons, only three of which may be adults, may occupy a three-bedroom apartment.
Section B.5 and G.30 of your Lease allow KRC to evict individuals for providing false or misleading information on this Application. KRC will PROMPTLY take legal action to evict any resident who violates this policy.
Acceptance with Conditions. In limited circumstances, applicants may be accepted with conditions. Exceptions might be permitted by KRC for applicants who do not have a housing history because they are first time renters, or applicants who are on the borderline for acceptance because of household income and credit reasons. Acceptance with conditions is based solely on the discretion of KRC management and will depend on the overall strength of the balance of the application. It will require the prospective tenant to pay an additional security deposit equal to at least one month's rent.
Payment Due Before Moving In. a) Each approved applicant must complete payment in full of a one month's rent and any Deposit(s) before receiving keys or moving into an apartment. (b) Any partial month rent charge will be due on the first full month of occupancy.
For Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul Properties ONLY. In accordance with the Minneapolis and St. Paul Codes of Ordinances, applicants are allowed to choose a method of return of the application fee when the property owner either a.) accepts more than one application and fee for a rental unit, or b.) rejects the applicant for any reason not listed in the owner's written application criteria. KRC is in compliance with these Ordinances because it does not accept more than one application and fee for a rental unit and the reasons for denial of an application are listed above. However, in the event that either should occur, please choose a method for return of your application fee. Mail the check to address on the application; destroy the check; or hold the check for pickup by you (applicant) upon one business day's notice.
One application fee in the amount of $45 must be paid for each adult applying for the apartment. One Security Deposit totaling $400 must be paid for each apartment. (can be divided amongst applicants)
One Security Deposit totaling $400 must be paid for each apartment. (can be divided amongst applicants)